Conduct tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products. May conduct stability sample tests.
QC Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a QC Analyst to join our team.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring Health & Safety, COSHH and GMP are adhered to throughout the laboratory;
- As the QC Scientist you will be working across a range of dosage forms including oral solid, sterile and aseptic;
- Working according to GMP standards;
- Carrying out analysis of finished products and stability batches;
- Developing analytical methods;
- Working alongside the technical team;
- As the QC Scientist you will be competing analysis of Pharmaceutical products using analytical techniques such as HPLC, UV-VIs, GC and IR;
- Prepare small samples for customers and despatch as per special instructions;
- Perform duties as required to facilitate operations of the laboratory teams;
- Prepare summary reports and certificate of analyses for approval;
- Maintain samples of material for correct storage, in designated areas and keep the store areas in good order, noting material shelf life;
- Perform sampling of starting materials, packaging components and finished products;
- Perform cleaning verification to analysis to assure suitability of production equipment for subsequent use;
- Maintain reagent and equipment stock levels and ensure reagents are within expiry dates;
- Under supervision of the Quality Control Manager, carryout the investigation of equipment and material failures.
- To communicate effectively with others on site and to assist with departmental problem solving as required;
- Your duties will be;
- To assist in preparation of technical documentation within the Department, as required;
- To assist in the development and validation of laboratory procedures within the team, as required;
- To assist in the performance of project work within the team, as required;
- You will have a degree in a scientific subject as a minimum. Previous laboratory and analytical experience essential;
- To ensure that all health and safety procedures are adhered to with respect to personal duties and the duties of others;
- To perform routine laboratory procedures right first time with minimal personal OOS results;
- To ensure that all personal lead times are complied with, subject to the absence of attenuating circumstances.