Technical Director plans and directs all aspects of technical activities within specific production. Ensures all projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization’s established policies and objectives. Being a Technical Director requires a bachelor’s degree in related field and at least 8 years of experience. Typically reports to top management.
Technical Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Director to join our team.
- Android & Android TV;
- Adhere and contribute to internal engineering procedures, code conventions and best practice;
- iOS & tvOS;
- Defining the architecture of OTT solutions;
- Work closely with department leads to identify and set technical restrictions and ensure the team adheres to them;
- Identifying technical risks & develop contingencies;
- Managing site engineers including planning and recording of their daily activities;
- Leads technical design and management of all locally-produced shows, special events and seasonal events for SHDR;
- Architect and participate in implementing all the different game modules and systems;
- Overall technical design & code quality;
- Expert in design, programming, debugging and optimization;
- Maintaining technical information for each project, ensuring that any updates are cascaded down to site;
- Oversees and ensures full onsite safety compliance;
- Managing Transmittals and issuing of new/updated information;
- Manage &mentor engineering staff.
- The leadership of large-scale Development. And a personal hands-on approach to the software development process;
- Strong knowledge of software engineering practices;
- strong and compelling writing skills, good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas, whilst over coming challenges;
- Civils / RC Structures background;
- Hands on experience with the technologies we use;
- A genuine interest in playing games;
- applications are invited from candidates with a Degree in Engineering qualification or equivalent as a minimum;
- Proven track record with known companies;
- Strong data structures & algorithm skills; linear algebra, statistical methods & design patterns;
- Chartered, MCIOB or MICE;
- Business analysis;
- 2+ years experience in a Lead Coder or Tech Director role;
- Experience working within a manufacturing organisation;
- Ability to prioritise the workload of a coding team;
- Experience with mentoring and motivating junior and senior technical staff.