The Manager of Technical Product Management evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues. Manages and coordinates product development projects. Being a Manager of Technical Product Management researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities. Ensures that labeling and marketing/promotional literature match product specifications. In addition, Manager of Technical Product Management works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy. Manages project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management. May require a bachelor’s degree or in a related area. Typically reports to top management. The Manager of Technical Product Management manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Manager of Technical Product Management typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Technical Product Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our team.
- Maintaining an outcomes focussed product roadmap and ensuring that it is communicated with relevant stakeholders;
- Collect & evaluate Product feedback;
- Solving technical challenges knows to what level they need to take their understanding, and can communicate to a level appropriate to the audience;
- Relentless prioritisation and alignment with stakeholders to ensure products are capable of capturing the highest value;
- Stakeholder engagement. Act as the interface to the product team for engaging stakeholders on inbound product requirements;
- Maintaining a prioritised product backlog and negotiating / communicating trade-offs with teams;
- Coordinate cross-functional teams and challenge the team on delivery speed and quality of the work;
- Setting hypotheses, testing riskiest assumptions and breaking down complex problems into small steps;
- Coordinate cross-functional teams;
- Articulating and communicating the product vision;
- Lead the requirement ceremonies for the team;
- identify and prioritize key issues and opportunities for innovation;
- Own the full requirements life cycle (from roadmap to story);
- Create product plans and roadmaps;
- Discovering and defining product requirements through working with internal teams.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience;
- Nice to have: Experience leading product teams focused on internal tools;
- Product design;
- Experience setting and iterating on the product strategy of highly technical and/or infrastructure related projects;
- Degree in Computer Science or Machine Learning OR equivalent experience;
- Experience defining APIs, documentation, and building UX prototypes;
- Experience working within an agile delivery methodology;
- Experience building a IaaS / SaaS / Cloud API product;
- Customer/client facing experience;
- A degree or higher level academic background in a scientific or engineering subject;
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience in enterprise or related software;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to understand, simplify and document complex business flows and present them to the team;
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities;
- Experience managing projects that use machine learning tools in production.