Produce financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating periodic reports. Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources.
Business Intelligence Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team.
- Collecting requirements and prioritising them for engineering work on our data platform;
- Designing business focused solutions to problems that cross business, tech & data teams;
- Working with different functions across the business to develop KPIs and integrate them into the work stream;
- Present analytical findings using data visualisation tools(Tableau) and creation of insight presentations for various audiences;
- Conduct analysis to continuously monitor and influence the optimisation of campaign performance;
- Peer test new reports developed to ensure they fit the business requirement they were meant to address successfully;
- Automating dashboards and reports using Tableau and Looker;
- Managing data to find how best to target and leverage it to increase business revenue;
- Managing partners and clients;
- Document requests for larger pieces of new reporting requirements in line with the process developed by the BI Technical Analyst;
- Remove old reports;
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Using SQL and SSIS;
- Speaking with stakeholders to understand their priorities and helping them to define their BI requirements;
- Development of improved analysis approaches and test and learn frameworks.
- Excellent numeracy skills with the ability to interpret results;
- Data analyst experience;
- Solid Excel Experience;
- Knowledge of information systems / business intelligence systems;
- Programming skills are desirable (particularly SQL), but an aptitude to learn technical skills quickly would satisfy;
- Hold a numerical degree – e.g Computer Science, Engineering or a quantitative field;
- Proven experience using SQL;
- Proven experience using ETL tools (such as Alteryx, DSS or SSIS) and Cloud based Data warehouse’s;
- Data manipulation, cleansing and analysing experience would be beneficial;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Commercial experience using SQL;
- Degree qualified (minimum 2:1), preferably in a numerical discipline;
- Great written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly experienced using SQL and have experience applying this to a business environment;
- Have knowledge of digital marketing technologies and database infrastructures.