Develop or apply mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information. May specialize in fields such as bio-statistics, agricultural statistics, business statistics, or economic statistics. Includes mathematical and survey statisticians.
Statistician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Statistician to join our team.
- Drafting statistical analysis plans;
- Programming to prepare data for analysis and conducting analysis;
- Preparing reports to communicate findings to a non-specialist audience;
- Identifying a client’s needs;
- Develop design options and provide high-quality information for the business through partnership with internal and external experts;
- Representing AstraZeneca to Health Authorities and Reimbursement & Payer Organisations for specific projects;
- Contribute to or lead the statistical thinking, analysis and reporting to relevant groups in product and study teams;
- Apply expert skills to investigate and use standard, as well as novel, statistical approaches for relevant statistical issues.
- Must have good written communication skills to be able to prepare appropriate reports;
- BSc in Mathematics or Statistics (or equivalent);
- Have good oral communication skills to be able to provide management with feedback on development needs and report and present progress;
- Graduates must have a good understanding of statistics, performing statistical analyses and interpreting/reports results;
- Must have experience in using word processor applications and spreadsheets to perform suitable data analysis and report writing;
- A good working knowledge of SAS is preferred;
- Highly organised, with the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines;
- Awareness of data standards for clinical research and statistical analysis (e.g. CDISC, SDTM, ADaM, ICH Statistical Principles for Clinical Trials);
- A desire to apply your statistical knowledge and technical skills to the healthcare industry;
- Experience in and/or knowledge of medical data, clinical processes or trials;
- Proficiency in the R programming language, and the willingness and ability to rapidly develop your programming skills;
- A willingness to trial, explore or recommend new software or techniques that may suit specific projects;
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently, in addition to working collaboratively within project teams;
- Excellent written English is fundamental; this will be assessed during the selection process;
- Experience with SAS, or other programming languages used for data analysis.