Write advertising copy for use by publication or broadcast media to promote sale of goods and services.
Copywriter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Copywriter to join our team.
- Working with marketing teams to test and learn to measure the impact of words;
- Working closely with key stakeholders to eke out core message and understand target audiences;
- Translating client objectives into effective and entertaining social-first copy, that is specifically aimed at achieving measurable results;
- Conduct high-quality research, discovery sessions and interviews with key stakeholders;
- Presenting your ideas to both internal and external teams;
- Write clear, compelling copy for digital marketing platforms, including Checkout.com’s website;
- Edit and proofread copy as needed;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Able to learn new systems quickly and easily;
- Communicate confidently across various departments within the business;
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team;
- Able to create engaging, user-friendly content;
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements;
- Organised and detail-oriented to ensure consistency;
- Able to work well as an individual and as part of a team.
- An understanding of how to write and optimise content for search engine optimisation;
- Proven journalism skills and a firm understanding of storytelling;
- The ability to deal with a number of conflicting demands while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently or with design teams;
- An interest or knowledge of the fashion industry would be advantageous;
- Confident enough to know when they are right – and when they are wrong;
- Subbing wider teams work when necessary;
- Curious to learn and evolve;
- Open and collaborative;
- It is highly desirable if you have produced copy for the US or have an awareness of producing copy relevant for a US audience;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Possess excellent time management and organisational skills;
- The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, prioritise and feel comfortable in a fast-changing environment;
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually;
- Updating brand and TOV style guides.