The Video Editor mixes and masters audio. Edits video footage to desired length and format, creates motion graphics, and completes color corrections. Being a Video Editor archives and stores all files, footage, graphics, and audio. Encodes final videos to desired size and format. In addition, Video Editor proficient using Adobe Creative suite and production software including After Effects and Final Cut and other editing software. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Video Editor gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Working as a Video Editor typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Video Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Video Editor to join our team.
- Edit stories, videos, and newscasts (including packages, VOs, VOSOTs, teases and pre-production material) on tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environments and meet deadlines;
- Ability to think on your feet and apply a solution focused mindset to challenging tasks;
- Experience and interest in filming, photographing and editing sport related content;
- A great understanding of DSLR Photography/Filmmaking (Exposure, White Balance, Frame Rates etc…);
- 2-3yrs experience producing digital content;
- Advanced knowledge on Final Cut Pro;
- Experience using Adobe premier is a bonus.