Transport Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Transport Coordinator to join our team.
- Build and maintain solid working relationships with drivers;
- Schedule and plan to ensure timely delivery of orders agreed with our customers;
- Plan routes for drivers;
- Oversee the daily transport operations;
- 3PL management;
- Support transport management in training and ongoing assessment of staff;
- Be a Company ambassador, creating a welcoming atmosphere for employees and customers;
- Managing drivers;
- Check proofs, trade plate and registration numbers;
- Source new suppliers;
- Display and promotes MMI behaviours;
- Promote and Embed safety culture through the use of STAR cards and conduct safety sweeps and fully support all accident / incident investigations;
- Driver Operations;
- Ensuring that all timed and special deliveries or collections are met;
- Keeping in contact with all the drivers.
- CPC (Desirable but for the right candidate this can be acquired through the business);
- Good standard of secondary education;
- Good geographical knowledge;
- Paragon scheduling knowledge;
- Driving license;
- Sound IT skills;
- Understanding of drivers hours/restrictions and related regulations.