Van Driver operates company vans or small buses. Loads and unloads goods, equipment, materials and passengers between various destinations. Being a Van Driver provides and collects appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of goods or passengers. Ensures deliveries and pickups are on time. Additionally, Van Driver may keep logs of vehicle maintenance. Requires a valid driver’s license and may require a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). May require a high school diploma.Typically reports to a supervisor. The Van Driver possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Van Driver Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Van Driver to join our team.
- Carefully handling high end furniture;
- Delivering and removing furniture from customers premises in and around London;
- Driving company vans to and from premises;
- Transporting Livestock;
- Safely securing vehicle prior to departing;
- Collecting donations from local and corporate supporters;
- Loacal deliverys and collections;
- Light work;
- Helping the production line run smoothly, processing cold meats;
- At times in a cold environment , uniform supplied;
- Adhering to all health and safety rules and regulations;
- Communicating effectively within the workplace;
- Deliveries of products within the local region;
- Loading vehicles;
- De•packing products.
- Held licence for minimum of 2 years;
- Clean licence with no points;
- Over the age of 30;
- Maximum of 3 endorsement points on licence – Due to insurance restraints;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Good knowledge of the UK Road network especially the South West.