Assist mechanical engineers in such activities as generation, transmission, or use of mechanical or fluid energy. Prepare layouts of machinery or equipment or plan the flow of work. May conduct statistical studies or analyze production costs.
CAD Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CAD Designer to join our team.
- Providing flexibility and ability to work as part of a small specialised team adhering to tight deadlines;
- Monitors progress against the plan;
- Preparing and maintaining accurate and timely Bills of Materials;
- Preparing accurate and timely layout drawings of new product designs for manufacture as instructed by his/her Supervisor;
- Produce 2D and 3D drawing and 3D Models;
- Enthusiasm, energy, passion and conviction;
- 2D and 3D tools, such as AutoCAD ,Civil 3D,Navisworks,Revit etc;
- Experience of working in a fast pace engineering project environment;
- Make revisions to models as requested;
- Contribute to department targets;
- Assisting in the preparation of accurate, effective and up to date Operation and Maintenance Manuals;
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate, effective and up to date Drawing Office procedures;
- Good judgement and decision making;
- Address limitations of technologies and materials involved in the CAD process;
- Carry out all work instructions accurately and effectively meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to think in a three dimensional manner;
- Experienced in the use of SolidWorks 3D CAD within a mechanical design environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- An abundance of patience to see a complicated project to the end;
- Minimum 2 year degree in related field (preferred);
- Some knowledge of Screw Jack systems and Power Transmission components would also be an advantage, however training will be provided;
- Background in CAD;
- Minimum 2 years working in a professional environment;
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar as a minimum;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ideally used Solid Works or Autocad;
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and MathCad software packages advantageous.