Research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
Electrical Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Design Engineer to join our team.
- Ensuring designs are in line with client requirements;
- Design of electrical networks and infrastructure;
- Be operationally focused at all times;
- Creation of reports and documentation;
- PLC Knowledge including Siemens &/Or Allen Bradley;
- Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD LT 2014 (or later), Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Participate in CERT and HAZMAT training and teams as required;
- Mainly office based, however you would be expected to complete site visits & commissioning of the equipment when required;
- End-to-end development and delivery of electrical designs;
- Discuss and solve complex problems with clients, design team, suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Maintain and promote the implementation of professional standards;
- Work collaboratively and utilize EHS staff as a resource for strategic and tactical implementation of EHS processes and procedures;
- Liaison with clients, design team, suppliers and contractors;
- Develop, test and evaluate the performance of systems;
- Design and implement systems to improve efficiency and sustainability.
- Able to use Amtech, AutoCAD and Dialux;
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work both as part of a team as well as independently under your own initiative;
- Knowledge of panel wiring & site installations;
- Electrical Engineer Qualification (BEng, HNC/HND etc);
- Knowledge of existing standards and ability to develop requirements for new building service projects;
- (BOM) Bills of materials;
- Able to rise to a challenge;
- Design to cost targets – essential;
- Trained in using performance safety levels and the use of Sistema;
- Forward thinking and able to anticipate problems;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Amtech, Relux & Dialux (Revit Advantageous);
- Conversant with Electrical Services, Building Management Systems, HVAC Control Systems, UPS, Power Distribution;
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines;
- A degree or HNC in building services or electrical engineering.