Research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
Electrical Project Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Project Engineer to join our team.
- Writing risk assessments and method statements;
- Design of Control Systems, including wiring diagrams, software design, PLC programmes, any supporting documentation requried;
- Support project manager with electrical/control elements of the project throughout the whole process from conception to completion;
- Comply with and promote the Company’s values and behaviours;
- Prepare estimates and quotations;
- Production of deliverable s in Microsoft Project;
- Scoping of work;
- Value Engineering;
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams;
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues;
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts;
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and work instructions, including health and safety;
- Attending site progress meetings and producing reports;
- Ensure customer focused to deliver the deliverables on time and within budget;
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget.
- Experience with commissioning/troubleshooting electrical and control systems;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical;
- Experience sizing electrical equipment and performing calculations which may include calculations using AMTECH software;
- LV switchboard (400VAC/690VAC) design experience;
- Ability to read, understand and create specifications;
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Control Engineering or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
- Knowledge of electrical installation and control panel assembly techniques;
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics and software design documents;
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft packages;
- Previous experience within the clean and waste water industry or sewage industries on reactive works;
- ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent.