Engineering Project Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Engineering Project Planner to join our team.
- Keep the project team up to date on progress to present to key stakeholders;
- Maintain project file directory database, ensure configuration control for project documents and reports;
- Work closely with engineering supply chain to create schedules and help manage deliveries;
- Create and maintain tools to aid planning of current and future projects, ensuring consistency of approach;
- Assist in creating project plans for new proposals and existing projects through liaison with functional departments leaders and program managers;
- Manage multiple projects and programmes, maintaining strategic plans & forecasts for projects;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned;
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner;
- Identify risks and opportunities within plans.
- Computer literate in MS Office and/or Google suite;
- Knowledge of VBA;
- Good communication and professional presentation skills;
- Proficient user of planning software (MS project or other);
- Awareness of budget and financial management;
- A degree in an Engineering or Project Management discipline would be advantageous;
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task;
- Knowledge and experience of automotive product development process and activities beneficial;
- Experience of project planning in an automotive manufacturing environment is essential.