Lead Electronics Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Electronics Engineer to join our team.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to a small and growing team of Electronics Engineers;
- Support the definition of the development processes that will satisfy robust automotive industry, customer and internal design standards;
- Hands-on technical involvement in design and development activities;
- Collaborating with the Technical Director to define the ECU strategy within the parent organisation;
- Take products from concept, through the full design lifecycle, and participating in the successful production launch.
- Experienced in leading a project team;
- Minimum of three years design, debugging and development of electronics for embedded or DSP systems;
- Lead teams and projects;
- Creating requirements, design and test documents;
- Liaising with the client and the client’s team;
- Design and implementation of digital and analogue electronics;
- Potential travel to client’s premises for meetings, integration testing and support;
- Familiarity with embedded and real-time software debugging techniques;
- Execution to an agreed project plan;
- Analogue/Digital Design;
- Leading system design;
- Experience of taking complex electronics products into volume production;
- Design and implementation of embedded software in C and potentially other languages;
- Development of real-time software in C or equivalent;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in embedded controllers and electronic systems.