Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team.
- Work closely with the in-house tooling and equipment department for the production of jigs and fixtures;
- Be responsible for the BOMs within our ERP system;
- Managing a team of circa 8 people;
- Be responsible for the creation and adoption of Standard Operating Procedures;
- Analyse capacity potential, optimise Kanban sizes and ensure the outputs of the various factory areas are balanced;
- Implement robust procedures and be responsible for manufacturing change control;
- Manage stock change over plans and ensure smooth transitional changes;
- Working closely with quality assurance and supply chain departments, helping to improve suppliers’ processes and ensure defects are kept to a minimum;
- Undertake continuous improvement projects to improve both the efficiency and quality of manufacture;
- Implement Lean and Continuous Improvement methodologies and monitor these for optimal manufacturing;
- Be responsible for the preparation of technical resources for training purposes;
- Research into new methodologies to improve the production process;
- Improve the Right First Time KPI and work towards a true zero-defect culture;
- Work closely with the design department to ensure production specifications are followed;
- Be responsible for product flow, space requirements, equipment layout and the factory layout.
- Strong Manufacturing and Engineering experience;
- Extensive Lean and Continuous Improvement skills.