Design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
Engineering Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Engineering Manager to join our team.
- Providing management information in a format, which allows ease of analysis and determination of root cause;
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out by the post holder and team members;
- Continuous development and growth of your people;
- Managing contractors;
- Your time will be split between technical / billable work and management duties so time management and strong communication skills are a must;
- Support the provision of reactive and routine maintenance services to the site as part of the engineering & facilities teams;
- Drive execution to ensure that projects are delivered on time and meet quality standards;
- Co-ordinate with other departments in order to facilitate issue resolution and participate in cross functional team projects;
- Maintain and develop safe systems of work;
- You will be an active member of the outside community by organizing, supporting, and/or speaking at local meetups & conferences;
- You will help architect and build innovative products to enhance and extend search data;
- Develop maintenance planning, reporting and performance improvement;
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment for all employees;
- Provide progress reports and data on performance as required;
- Contribute to engineering wide initiatives as a member of the technology leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience;
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems;
- Control, Navigation, Localisation and Mapping;
- Strong appreciation for Health and Safety policy, practice and legislation;
- Delivery of maintenance best practice, manufacturing improvement and engineering project management;
- NEBOSH Certificate qualified;
- Review SPC and VICI data and monitor for trends or non-conformance;
- Machine Learning and Data Processing;
- Able to thrive in a high growth, rapidly-evolving environment;
- CNC programming when required;
- Experience of working within an automated warehouse is highly desirable;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to persuade, negotiate and influence;
- Carryout any other tasks deemed necessary by management;
- Monitoring and improving machine efficiency with the use of WERMA software/cycle times/ tool planning and statistical process analysis.