Mechanical CAE Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical CAE Engineer to join our team.
- Preparation of reports (verbal & written), providing robust recommendations and proposals;
- Support validation / test specifications;
- Liaison with, and report to, multiple functional groups within the organisation;
- Lead assessment of simulation and testing results and defining next steps;
- Lead system and component level structural simulation of electric powertrain systems in vehicle applications (HEV/PHEV/BEV);
- Support the preparation of electric system requirements and specifications, and cascade requirements to a component level;
- Liaise with relevant teams to lead electrical design tasks (i.e. design, manufacturing, suppliers, testing teams);
- Support component specifications for sign-off.
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Mechatronics Engineering or similar (min 2:1);
- Strong presentation skills;
- Working knowledge of structural simulation tools and systems (e.g Abacus, ANSYS);
- Willingness to travel;
- Capable of working independently as well as part of large and small teams;
- Driving license;
- Strong communication, teamwork and leading abilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.