The Production Technician I follows blueprints, guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met. Operates production equipment; responsible for manufacturing and assembly of clinical and commercial products. Being a Production Technician I typically requires an associate’s degree. Maintains required records of production and reports any inconsistencies or equipment issues following standard procedures. In addition, Production Technician I typically reports to a supervisor. Being a Production Technician I gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a Production Technician I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Production Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Technician to join our team.
- Collecting, accurately weighing and blending ingredients as per formulation as required with accurate labelling, note taking and record keeping;
- Follow standard operating procedures;
- To notify Team Leader/Supervisor/Manager/Quality assurance of any deviations from the process;
- Assist with packing and despatch;
- Adherence to all SOPs, PSBRs, EOPs, SMPs and relevant documents;
- Written work instructions;
- Complete production records to principles of ALCOA prior to production and quality review;
- Maintain clean room production facilities to GMP standards and preparation for manufacture;
- Visual aids;
- Intent – We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and when it is not working, we fix it;
- Diagnosing and repairing Faulty RMA’s;
- Capability – We listen, challenge and continuously improve;
- Adhering to all H&S procedures;
- Assist with achieving production targets;
- Ensuring documentation is kept in order.
- Able to manage own priorities and workload to achieve targets to deadlines;
- GMP experience;
- Operate basic processes and equipment;
- Experience of working within a successful manufacturing team – ideally involving the assembly or build of electro-mechanical products;
- Experience of implementing best practise manufacturing techniques;
- If not experienced in the above, manual dexterity and a practical aptitude is essential;
- Able to read Circuit Diagrams;
- Great communications skill (Both written and verbal);
- Able to follow written or verbal instruction and produce high quality results from that instruction;
- 3-5 year experience in a relevant engineering position in the cable harness industry;
- Able to solder and rework;
- Sound electro-mechanical assembly skills, you are comfortable with chassis, wiring, PCB installations;
- A positive “Can do” attitude is imperative.