Senior CAD Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior CAD Technician to join our team.
- Responsible for establishing an effective team and supporting and growing that department as well as keeping up with client demands;
- Proactive in suggesting alternative suitable materials/processes to reflect project costings/ budgets where necessary;
- Work well under pressure and emphasis delivery on tight deadlines;
- Good knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes;
- Preparation of CAD deliverables for multiple projects to completion within budget;
- Attend and contribute to design team meetings;
- Preparation drawings from a Civil 3D model;
- Comply with quality policies for project delivery;
- Effectively manage own time across multiple projects and undertake CAD duties unsupervised;
- Create high quality technical drawings using 2D/3D CAD software;
- Ability to interpret design sketches and communicate with internal design teams;
- Advise and mentor junior CAD colleagues;
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of specific clients and their requirements;
- Awareness of health and safety and design guidelines/limitations within commercial and retail environments;
- 3D experience.
- Experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability;
- Qualifications in STEM subjects preferred;
- A degree or HND / HNC in Construction & Built Environment desirable.