Make exact measurements and determine property boundaries. Provide data relevant to the shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the earth’s surface for engineering, mapmaking, mining, land evaluation, construction, and other purposes.
Surveyor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Surveyor to join our team.
- Conduct physical site surveys using a variety of equipment and tools;
- Ensure customer interactions are managed professionally, on time and to a high quality;
- Deliver accurate performance information and reporting;
- On site Quality checks;
- Participate in the effective delivery of the planned and cyclical works programmes;
- Raise sub-contractor orders and prepare sub-contractor payment certificates on a monthly basis;
- Answering technical queries from customers on site and via phone and email;
- Liaising with clients to resolve any queries and finalise designs throughout the project life. Most of our projects have a short life span;
- Price and agree contract variations to ensure these are controlled effectively;
- Advise on procurement strategy for projects an develop a procurement schedule to ensure strategy is delivered;
- Keep abreast of statutory and industry changes to ensure company operates both compliantly and with good practice;
- Inspecting and stock condition reports;
- Inputting of survey information onto our online database system. This includes calculating glass sizes;
- Preparing accurate technical advice and liaising with an in-house service provider, contractors and consultants to ensure the very best service.
- Experience of preparing specifications and schedules of works for tenders and pricing;
- Broad knowledge of the construction industry, preferably within the restoration sector;
- Confident decision maker who weighs up the risks and makes quick, appropriate decisions;
- Producing new channels for sales is key;
- Structured and planned approach to work with strong attention to detail;
- Able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing;
- Valid certificate is required;
- Highly numerate;
- Able to influence with impact;
- Experience as a Surveyor within the carrier insurance sector with a track record of successful project completion;
- Able to work collaboratively with other individuals to deliver successful project completion;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Minimum NVQ level 3 Fenestration Surveying or equivalent MTC Accreditation;
- Previous experience as a Surveyor or in a similar role;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.