Perform site-specific engineering analysis or evaluation of energy efficiency and solar projects involving residential, commercial, or industrial customers. Design solar domestic hot water and space heating systems for new and existing structures, applying knowledge of structural energy requirements, local climates, solar technology, and thermodynamics.
Engineering Consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Engineering Consultant to join our team.
- Drafting clear technical narratives and financial analysis documents related to R&D activities carried out by clients in different sectors;
- Generating new value propositions for varied businesses in relation to their projects and strategies;
- Working with a variety of high-profile clients and liaising with Managing Directors, Financial Directors, CEOs, CTOs.
- Bachelor-level degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or another quantitative field;
- Degree in Science, Engineering or related discipline (Master’s degree beneficial);
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with customers;
- Minimum 2 years’ industrial or academic experience as an Engineer, Scientist or Researcher;
- Experience operating Linux (configure, tune, and troubleshoot both RedHat and Debian-based distributions);
- Proficiency in Java;
- Experience with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) tuning and troubleshooting;
- Excellent communication and ability to convey complex ideas as simple concepts;
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to clearly and concisely explain tricky issues and complex solutions;
- Deep experience building and operating in-production Big Data, stream processing, and/or enterprise data integration solutions using Apache Kafka;
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.).