Head of Risk and Compliance Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Risk and Compliance to join our team.
- Oversight of the annual compliance monitoring plan;
- Engagement with senior stakeholders on new product development or change;
- Managing the T&C scheme alongside the L&D team;
- Working closely with the board to manage the risk appetite of the firm and provide regular reporting of Compliance & Risk issues;
- Nominated contact point for FCA liason and relevant industry bodies to ensure standards are upheld;
- Build a process, agreeing the content and template for Board Risk reporting;
- Intra-group Reporting Devise a plan to enable the Board to have sufficient oversight;
- Data Protection / Whistleblowing experience is desirable;
- Assessing the possible impact of regulatory and legislative change and monitoring the appropriateness of compliance procedures;
- Identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting on compliance risk exposures;
- Advising the group and each Association’s Risk & Audit Group on the potential impact on the strategy of new and emerging risks;
- Embedding Risk and Compliance frameworks;
- Managing compliance and risk activities with the agreed framework.
- Good organisational, time and resource management skills;
- Understanding of Risk Management Frameworks, principles and tools;
- Strong communication and influencing skills.