Examine and analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
Internal Audit Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Internal Audit Director to join our team.
- Divisional and technical audit and assurance Leadership;
- Take personal ownership for developing & driving aspects of strategic & operational delivery to agreed standards & quality;
- Take the lead on presentations to board and external stakeholders;
- Identify, analyse and improve the businesses governance and assurance processes;
- Leading teams of internal professional resource, contractors and external co-source providers;
- Be seen as a trusted business partner, providing objective and professional advice and insight through a mix of both challenge and support.
- Demonstrable record of completing risk assessments, audit planning, execution and reporting;
- ICAEW, CA, CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, Chartered Accountant or relevant certification required;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience with GRC systems (e.g., Archer), or similar electronic workpaper management tool;
- Must be a self-starter, a team player and have experience in managing a small team of auditors to complete assignments;
- Understanding of various governance frameworks and standards such as COBIT, ISO, NIST, COSO would be helpful;
- Must have excellent communication and reporting writing skills;
- Experience with data analysis tools e.g., Tableau, QlikView, Business Objects;
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- Must have worked in a large blue chip organisation previously;
- Have significant experience as an internal audit practitioner, conducting and a managing a broad range of audits and assurance activity;
- Be able to demonstrate successes in a senior leadership role within Internal Audit in a large organisation or major advisory firm.