Examine and analyze accounting records to determine financial status of establishment and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures.
Internal Auditor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Internal Auditor to join our team.
- Suggesting actions and highlighting areas for improvement to streamline business operations;
- may be required to assist with the investigation of fraud or other specialist assignments;
- complete clear concise reports to inform Senior Management on any indications found of significant non-compliance;
- ensure adequate controls and processes are in place for each assignment;
- Conduct business process reviews to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of operations;
- Prepare reports based upon audit results, audit documentation, and client responses;
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards;
- Liaising with senior finance and non-finance staff/stakeholders;
- Identifying and communicating any issues found;
- Policy & procedure control testing;
- Prepares and presents audit reports that accurately document the audit process and its findings;
- Effective documentation of audit testing including evidence and findings;
- Identify, develop, and document relevant audit issues and value added recommendations;
- To recommend and implement improvement of internal audit practices;
- Performing audit cycle including risk management& control management over operations effectiveness, financial analysis and compliance.
- Must fluently speak English and have the ability to speak other European languages;
- Willingness to travel (up to 40-50%);
- Accountancy/internal audit qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/IIA);
- Must be hard-working with a positive attitude and willingness to contribute to a team;
- A flexible and proactive approach to work;
- Internal Audit experience including special investigations and consultancy reviews;
- Effective communication skills and ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of procedures, laws, rules and regulations;
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices;
- Ability to organise and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines;
- Flexibility and willingness for some travel to client sites; although the majority of your clients will be based locally;
- Financial audit experience;
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and be flexible with constant change;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills with the ability to get things done.