The Senior Auditor identifies and analyzes improper accounting or documentation within the organization. Audits complex accounting and financial data of various departments within an organization to ensure accuracy and compliance with government guidelines and laws. Being a Senior Auditor works with outside auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the external auditing function. Researches identified issues thoroughly and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly. In addition, Senior Auditor requires a bachelor’s degree of accounting. Typically reports to a manager or head of unit/department. Being a Senior Auditor contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Auditor typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Auditor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Auditor to join our team.
- Make sound recommendations to enhance controls and risk management;
- Involvement in any specific projects or workflows that require an Audit perspective;
- Prepares and presents results to supervisor / manager from detailed audit tests;
- Supports team members as needed;
- Maintenance and improvement of the control environment;
- Undertaking the larger, complex systems, financial and non-financial audits;
- Through training, as appropriate, gain a thorough understanding of business operations, potential risks, and appropriate controls;
- Gains an understanding of audit scope through review of completed planning procedures and outcomes;
- Implementing new techniques and coverage of new areas;
- Provides input to compliance requirements of key processes across the organization; examines documentation;
- Applying a risk-based approach;
- Performs financial, operational, and compliance internal audit reviews and other special projects;
- Support annual assurance statements;
- Uploads all audit documentation to work paper tool;
- Prepares and performs detail audit tests.
- Experience of operating in an Internal Audit or Risk Management environment;
- Experience of an Internal Audit role within a financial services environment;
- Experience in large audit firm;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a similar role with a background in Risk and Control, ideally within financial services;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, multi task and prioritise a number of overlapping audit projects;
- Professional qualification in IT Auditing or working towards;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the team.