The Senior IT Auditor determines and recommends improvements in current standards and the implementation of system changes. Evaluates data processing systems and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy, and security. Being a Senior IT Auditor requires a bachelor’s degree. Provides management with results of audits on applications, systems, and programs. In addition, Senior IT Auditor typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior IT Auditor contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior IT Auditor typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior IT Auditor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior IT Auditor to join our team.
- Mentor more junior members of staff and lead audits with the companies Big 4 provider;
- Working as part of a team of auditors, producing and delivering audit projects;
- To work closely with external and internal partners in the planning and the delivery of internal audit reporting;
- To work with the team in assisting ongoing programs of successful internal technology audits;
- You will be required to perform internal IT audit field work in the UK and International offices;
- You will need to be able to commit to 10% international travel;
- Have previous project and implementation experience.
- Stronganalytical skills;
- Excellentstakeholder management and relationship building skills;
- Excellentknowledge of established IT disciplines, such as security, service management,disaster recovery and emerging technologies and trends;
- Goodknowledge of finance services industry, regulation, operating practices andtechnology;
- Operationalexperience in Insurance and Health;
- Excellentnetworking and influencing skills;
- Indepth understanding of best practice in auditing and a knowledge of enterpriserisk management practice;
- Goodunderstanding of project management principles;
- Goodknowledge of data analytics techniques and tools (ACL, SAS, IDEA etc).