Sales Trainer I ensures the maximum effectiveness of the sales force by developing and implementing training programs. Designs and delivers training sessions on company products, business practices, and other topics as needed. Being a Sales Trainer I monitors and reports on the effectiveness of training programs and may conduct initial needs analysis. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area. Additionally, Sales Trainer I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be a Sales Trainer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
Sales Trainer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Trainer to join our team.
- Align to Group HR and L&D teams;
- Update on program activity and output monthly;
- Innovation on approach and enriching content for the audience;
- Accompany Sales in customer engagements;
- Understand key sales requirements and develop content;
- Conducting skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement by working closely with the sales team to identify challenges they face on-the job;
- Manage delivery across multiple platforms;
- Manage timelines, schedules and supplies to ensure completion of training plans;
- Monitor sales objectives and results;
- Collect feedback from managers and trainers about the training provided and using this feedback for enhancements;
- Write, review & regularly update Departmental processes;
- Reviews recorded sales calls and work with individual sales people to develop them and implement training plans;
- Coaching & feedback;
- Ensure all training packages written are passed through the correct channel before delivery & are always kept up to date;
- Organise & deliver short training sessions on product changes & script amendments.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Ability to be self-motivated and highly organized;
- Experience of working in a SaaS environment;
- Ability to handle and adapt to dynamic training situations;
- Experience in writing and collating documentations;
- Experience with asset/wealth management would be beneficial;
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals across locations (UK, USA);
- Experience in a sales position a plus;
- Ability to research and apply new training techniques and principles;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills;
- A genuine interest and passion for training;
- You will be an experienced Sales Trainer who is committed to continuous improvement and developing high performing sales teams;
- Being part of a high-performance team;
- An understanding of the Travel Media market or publishing would be beneficial;
- Previous experience of developing and delivering first class training.