Senior Category Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Category Manager to join our team.
- Use insight to influence range and merchandising plans at category reviews;
- Build and sustain relationships with key retail contacts;
- Provide analytical support in the development of category plans;
- Lead and develop a team of Execs;
- Work with account teams to provide regular insights on opportunities within the grocery channel;
- Provide detailed analysis and insights on category opportunities;
- Manage key accounts with regular client meetings to drive category growth;
- sharing category thought leadership with colleagues across EMEA and Kao USA;
- Identifying category & shopper trends and translating these into actionable insight for Kao and customers;
- aligning on a shopper vision with colleagues across EMEA and Kao US to drive synergies across markets;
- Acting as the voice of Category and the Shopper within Kao UK through; attending UK Leadership Team Meetings as and when required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Previous experience in a customer facing category role, within the FMCG sector;
- Great analytical skills with a good knowledge of Kantar, IRI, Nielsen, dunnhumby data;
- Trade Marketing or Category Management experience 3-4 years;
- FMCG commercial experience. 6-7 years;
- BSc/BA hons degree or equivalent.