Children’s Residential Support Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Children’s Residential Support Worker to join our team.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being;
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed;
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically;
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare;
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age;
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes;
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people;
- Maintain professional boundaries;
- Engage, communicate and listen to the children and their needs;
- Work pro-actively;
- Provide essential care and nurturing to the children;
- Provide a safe and therapeutic environment;
- Remain person centered at all times.
- A minimum of 6 months experience working as a Support Worker or similar;
- Full driving license;
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview;
- Full UK driving license;
- 6 months Support Work Experience;
- You must have legal right to work in the UK;
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained.