Electronics Design Team Lead Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electronics Design Team Lead to join our team.
- Responsible for implementing design review practice in accordance with LCM project governance;
- Responsible for managing the cost, schedule and technical performance of the teams work scope in bids, proposals, and the IPT project schedule;
- Track, report and drive improvements to engineering performance metrics;
- Lead the implementation of the engineering strategy for the team;
- Has the authority to review and approve all work assignments, documents and commitments involving the team;
- Manage the workload pipeline so that the team is optimally deployed to deliver business objectives;
- Ensure consistent methodologies and tools are used throughout the team in line with the process frameworks and the Engineering strategy;
- Manage the engineering talent pipeline to ensure future talent and skills are in place at the right time and place;
- Identify and document as needed our intellectual property such as trade secrets, patents and controlled information;
- Support the Development Engineering Manager, and the BD and Program Management teams in bid and proposal activities.
- Deep domain knowledge, with experience in the application of that knowledge to the entire product life cycle from inception to delivery;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Engineering Design Reviews;
- Proven ability to work and deliver, to time pressure and deadlines;
- Experience in managing an Electronic Design Team;
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated performance in team building, fostering organisational culture and delivering continuous improvement;
- Proven track record and significant experience at technical management level of radar, electronic warfare, surveillance and communications systems;
- Familiar with Electronics warfare (Radar, Communications Systems, RF, Antenna) e.g. ECM, ESM, RWR, DF system specification and /or design;
- The demonstrated ability to motivate people and influence change in line with company organisational values.