Information Security Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Information Security Engineer to join our team.
- Performs day to day administration of security related systems and applications, monitoring logs and reporting of security events;
- Solid understanding of security concepts, principles and practices;
- Researches and recommends new security technology capabilities and their applicability within the greater organization;
- Develops intrusion protection and monitoring capabilities;
- Experience with log management/SIEM reporting tools (Splunk a plus);
- SANS/GIAC/CISSP certifications preferred;
- Builds, maintains, manages and monitors the security infrastructure;
- Monitors, analyzes and evaluates operations and activities to ensure an appropriate level of information protection is achieved and maintained;
- Develops, enhances and executes security operations processes;
- Taking ownership of configuration and maintenance to systems such as AV and IDAM;
- Experience with anti-virus software, firewalls, vulnerability management, and intrusion detection systems;
- Provides security expertise on directory services such as Active Directory and LDAP as well as operating system environments;
- Design security controls;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities and the ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance;
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Experience in working with application development;
- Understanding of penetration testing, security risks, and security gaps;
- Proven background as a Security Engineer.