Linux Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Linux Support Engineer to join our team.
- Working closely with our developers to investigate, report and resolve issues with our python/ based application;
- Testing future software releases of our products and reporting bugs back to the development team;
- Manage the testing of hardware warranty repairs and RMA’s;
- Testing, replicating, and resolving customer’s issues using similar hardware and software within our office;
- The role involves shift work covering the hours of 0600 to 2200 Monday to Friday;
- Assisting our sales dept. with pre-sales recommendations and visits to potential customers;
- Connecting remotely to client workstations running Windows or OSX to then connect to our server product via SSH and;
- The occasional on-site installation of systems at a customer’s premise.
- Experience supporting and python applications;
- Great troubleshooting, investigation and analysis skills;
- Excellent ticket management and support soft skills;
- Ability to resolve customer issues using your own initiative and as a team;
- Ability for concise yet detailed ticket notes recording customer conversations and the work carried out on their servers;
- Knowledgeable with file sharing protocols such as SMB, NFS, and AFP (Netatalk);
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working directly with both technically adept and non-technical resellers and end users;
- A working knowledge of administering servers via the Linux command line (eg Ubuntu/Gentoo);
- 1 year or more working in IT as a Linux SysAdmin, desktop or Application support engineer;
- Knowledge of popular NLE software including Apple Final Cut 7 & X, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve.