The Linux Systems Administrator analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system’s servers, hardware, applications, and software. Installs, configures, and maintains Linux operating systems. Being a Linux Systems Administrator may require a bachelor’s degree in a related area. Monitors systems performance and ensures compliance with security standards. In addition, Linux Systems Administrator may also require a Linux certification such as Red Hat. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. Being a Linux Systems Administrator occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Working as a Linux Systems Administrator typically requires 2 -4 years of related experience.
Linux Systems Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team.
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Knowledge of software revision control;
- Programming/Scripting (ideally with Python);
- Experience with server installation automation;
- Basic knowledge of switching principles;
- You will assists on security threats, best practice and be continually up to date with IT Operations;
- Experience with continuous integration software;
- Take the lead on Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery;
- Experience with configuration management software;
- Configuration, installation and maintenance of the network infrastructure including servers and managed network devices,
- Maintenance of VPN and firewall appliances,
- Creation, support and removal of user accounts,
- Report on the health of IT services;
- Proactively communicate the status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of issues;
- Deploy, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the Linux / UNIX infrastructure, WiFi, LAN and firewalls.
- IPv6 technologies;
- Experience working with Linux/Unix server administration;
- Experience supporting the delivery of large-scale client-server apps using AWS services, including EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFormation;
- Back solutions BackupExec / Veeam / NetVault;
- Experience of deploying and managing cloud services;
- Administration of Cisco switch infrastructure (ideally Nexus);
- Experience of scripting / automation languages is preferred;
- Practical experience of VMware;
- Significant experience of Linux Server Administration;
- The ability to manage and administer firewall technologies is highly desirable (they use Checkpoint);
- Network design and implementation (LAN & WAN);
- Dell Server hardware and system management tools;
- Networking fundamentals, including diagnostics, routing, and firewalling;
- Windows server administration;
- Two-factor authentication.