Senior Cloud Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team.
- Monitor and the cloud systems and help shape how best practice can be applied;
- Work with DevOps to troubleshoot issues;
- Document Fixes and mentor junior team members;
- Work closely with other teams to offer guidance in infrastructure movement and best practice;
- Work on a direct level with compute, storage and network systems;
- Set up configurations for new installations;
- Mentor and advise other engineers in the team;
- Manage and Monitor Azure Infrastructure;
- Working in the THG cloud squads you will help inform cloud strategy and manage the adoption process;
- Work collaboratively with the Cloud Ops team to agree on a technical strategy;
- Work closely with the security teams to integrate security as first class citizen.
- Orchestration with Kubernetes;
- Experience of building or running distributed / scalable solutions on a major public cloud platform;
- AWS/Azure/GCP expertise gained from production application deployment;
- Experience with RESTful services;
- Knowledge across as many of these technologies/skills as possible: Linux and/or Windows systems engineering;
- Configuration Management with Ansible, Chef or Puppet;
- Java, Python, GoLang or similar programming experience;
- Containerisation with Docker;
- Infrastructure as Code with Terraform, Packer, Ansible.