Senior Software Engineer, DevOps Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, DevOps to join our team.
- Get requirements and facilitates infrastructure changes like FW rules, DNS, and load-balancers;
- Works on implementing application monitoring and logging strategies using tools like New Relic and Splunk;
- Works on troubleshooting application integration issues with development teams;
- Assist building tools and services from scratch to fill the existing technology gaps;
- Develops automation using shell scripting, Linux, Perl, Python, and Packer;
- Candidate works on deployment strategies and automation for cloud native applications;
- Solving problems using a software development mindset.
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and management tools or services that integrate with Azure;
- Familiar with maintenance and administration of Linux servers;
- Willingness to learn and build new tools from scratch;
- Scripting experience with Shell, Python, or Ruby;
- Development and familiarity with common API design patterns, such as REST or JSON API;
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases (MS SQL) and NoSQL databases (Cosmos DB, Redis);
- Strong software engineering experience with emphasis on design patterns, algorithms and test-ability;
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services;
- Experience with Azure services such as App services, search services, storage, Logic apps, build machines, Application Insights, FrontDoor, etc;
- SQL and NoSQL database design, usage and tuning;
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and monitoring on AWS;
- Implementation of caching technologies, such as Redis;
- Possesses a solid understanding of modern web application architecture, TCP/IP, and complex cloud network and security topologies.