Systems Engineer | Operate Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Systems Engineer | Operate to join our team.
- Contribute to the deployment of Kubernetes in our on premise infrastructure and integrate it with our AWS and GCP Kubernetes clusters;
- Design, provision and maintain physical, virtual and container (Kubernetes) infrastructure on premise;
- Implement self service solutions for on premise service provisioning with Terraform, Ansible and PowerShell;
- Work closely with the NOC team to design and implement a monitoring solution for the on premise infrastructure;
- Work closely with development teams to deliver solutions and advise on best practices. Help development teams to migrate services to AWS or GCP;
- Work closely with the End User Experience team and provide technical support and mentoring.
- Experience managing storage solutions in production (Netapp, Compellent);
- Good understanding of public cloud (AWS, GCP) and microservices (Docker, Kubernetes) architecture;
- Experience deploying and maintaining different monitoring technologies (Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, Greylog, Splunk);
- Strong experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux, Windows and public cloud environment;
- Strong experience in Infrastructure and virtualization technologies (VMWare, oVirt, KVM);
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible) and infrastructure as code (Terraform, Packer) and version control software (Git);
- Good knowledge of CI/CD principles and methodologies;
- Excellent scripting skills (Bash, Python, go, PowerShell);
- Excellent understanding of networking infrastructure (Cisco, Palo Alto, VLANs, Firewalls, Routing, Proxies, DNS).