Design and implement radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems used to track shipments or goods.
Technical Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team.
- Returned product Inspections and validation of warranty claims;
- Knowledge of maintaining a wide range of applications within the business;
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting and analysis. This may include writing or modifying code or simulating node failure situations;
- Producing high-quality CAD output;
- Become a product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on new features in Couchbase;
- Maintain Dealer relations through regular communication;
- Expand Haltech dealer network by engaging and activating new dealers;
- Telephone support for Cathexis servers and software;
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues;
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients;
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time;
- Working on projects adhering to strict deadlines and producing reports on findings and results;
- Designing control panels to customers’ specific requirements;
- Diagnosing technical problems using a mix of proprietary web-based tools, database and log file analysis;
- Post-Sales support on all aspects of the technology and product range.
- Networking and bus systems;
- Qualification in Electrical & Electronic Engineering;
- Organised and efficient;
- An understanding of product handling particularly within the food industry;
- Quick: Energetic is your baseline and you’re a fast learner. You love to figure out puzzles and take pride in your work;
- Previous customer relationship experience;
- The ability to train other members of the team and customers;
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed high performance systems ideal;
- Owner: You take control of escalated customer issues from front line support staff and see problems through to resolution;
- NVQ / City & Guilds qualification in relevant field or time served engineer: Desirable;
- Permanent night shift (Or other unsocial hours such as 01.00 to 09.00) 5 nights per week;
- Familiar with Google Drive, Docs and Sheets and experience working with a range of systems including CRM (Salesforce is a plus);
- A passion for working on high-performance automotive applications;
- Minimum 3 years of technical support, system implementation/administration experience;
- Strong development background working on production ready code.