Secondary English Teacher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Secondary English Teacher to join our team.
- Managing behaviour and following school policies;
- Declaring that you are able to work with students in a way that promotes and safeguards their safety and welfare;
- Supportive of appropriate background checks that will be made;
- Teaching English to all year groups;
- Delivering engaging lessons;
- Declaring that there is no reason that would prevent you from working with children at our school;
- Planning and assessing pupils.
- Previous experience working in a UK school;
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential);
- QTS essential;
- You must have legal right to work in the UK;
- Knowledgeable of the current national curriculum especially in terms of assessment;
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained;
- Passionate and has outstanding classroom management;
- Able to form relationships with parents and children alike;
- Able to work as part of a strong, dedicated team;
- Driven and enthusiastic, creating an exciting and fun learning environment;
- Commitment to making learning real and purposeful;
- Commitment to bringing our values alive;
- Enthusiasm to be part of a growing and dynamic school;
- Enthusiasm for being part of an inclusive and culturally diverse school;
- Experience of the IB Diploma would be advantageous but is not essential. Full training and support will be provided.