Visitor Experience Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Visitor Experience Assistant to join our team.
- Host and help brief school parties and other groups and help manage visitor flow, especially when large groups are visiting;
- Provide details of, and sell admissions tickets, promote Gift Aid and upsell guidebooks;
- Promote and distribute multimedia companions where appropriate;
- Assist with telephone, mail order and online enquiries and orders;
- Cash handling;
- Ensure all visitors enquiries are dealt with swiftly and efficiently;
- Proactively sell merchandise and recommend products;
- Provide a first-class welcome to all visitors on arrival;
- Any other reasonable duties which may be directed by line management;
- Be a point of contact and provide exemplary customer service across the site and at key locations;
- Attend occasional communication and training sessions outside core working hours;
- Assist with stock-flow from goods-in to shopfloor;
- Provide a first-class departure, seeking feedback and collecting data;
- Assist with commercial retail routines and Visual Merchandising;
- Actively promote all onsite activities including talks, tours, and special events.
- Enjoy and have experience of working confidently with the general public, children and young people;
- Excellent customer care skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an understanding of different visitors’ needs;
- Ability to acquire excellent knowledge of our products, services, museum content, procedures, departmental structure and key contacts;
- Ability to use initiative and work effectively under pressure.