Waiters and Waitresses Waiters and waitresses take orders and serve food and beverages to customers in dining establishments.
Waiter/Waitress Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Waiter/Waitress to join our team.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments;
- Provide excellent customer service to guests;
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorisation;
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff;
- Offer menu recommendations upon request;
- Greet and escort customers to their tables;
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning;
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties);
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies);
- Inform customers about the day’s specials;
- Serve food and drink orders;
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses;
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Experience of working within a premium high profile bar across the City;
- Be a strong team player with a can do attitude;
- Punctual and reliable;
- Excellent knowledge of wine or champagne.