Cooks Cooks prepare, season, and cook a wide range of foods.
Cook Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cook to join our team.
- Using fresh ingredients to make good, quality food;
- Extensive food knowledge with the ability to cook and present fresh food to a consistently high standard;
- Ensure excellent records of items purchased and cooked;
- Preparing two choices of nutritious, healthy well-presented meals for residents in the service;
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift;
- Daily preparation and cooking of fresh produce to deliver a set menu (2 week rota) to the highest standard;
- Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards;
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications;
- Prepare and present high quality food;
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently;
- Maintain a safe and hygienic environment in accordance with legal and high organisational standards;
- To closely monitor allergen safeguarding measurements to ensure cross contamination does not happen;
- Menu planning;
- Adhere to all food hygiene & safety standards;
- Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment.
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually;
- Experience in a similar setting;
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents;
- Must have excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste;
- Have the relevant hygiene qualifications;
- Be enthusiastic and possess excellent communications skills;
- Excellent knowledge of stock control, goods ordering and operation and special diets;
- Proactive and a team player;
- Have relevant experience of working within a School or Nursery environment;
- Computer Literate;
- Prepare and cook multiple choice meals for a diverse customer base;
- Ability to provide against a set timetable of breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- Wise purchasing, food storage and rotation;
- Food Hygiene & Control.