Head of Legal Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Legal to join our team.
- Reviewing, improve & establish our legal frameworks and processes, including contract, IP and statutory requirements;
- Working very closely with the Company’s leadership, including the Finance Director, COO & CEO on company critical legal and investment matters;
- Handling Intellectual Property matters;
- Advising and coordinating the business on legal matters relating to Company financing, due diligence and other compliance requests;
- Managing incoming complaints and mitigating legal risk;
- Oversee Company Secretarial activities and requirements;
- Advising the business on, and negotiating, M&A or joint partnership activity;
- Review the company’s key risks from a legal perspective and plan a strategic roadmap for mitigation;
- Ensuring our marketing, technology and product teams are always operating in a legally compliant way;
- Managing legal claims brought against both the Centre and its suppliers;
- Oversee the legal risk management framework, with associated policies, procedures and processes to ensure that Legal risks are managed effectively;
- Acting as a key stakeholder on data protection matters across the business, alongside the DPO and other internal teams;
- GDPR compliance;
- Assisting external-facing teams with responses to any external litigation, risk matters or media requests;
- Supporting the negotiating and closing of commercial transactions, for both ongoing suppliers and new opportunities.
- Admitted to practice as a solicitor in England and Wales;
- Ideally 8+ years PQE;
- Training at a top tier law firm;
- In-house experience essential;
- Corporate Finance;
- Business Strategy.