In House Legal Counsel Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a In House Legal Counsel to join our team.
- Provide legal advice across the divisions of the company;
- Negotiation, drafting and review of contracts and agreements;
- Responding to ad-hoclegal queries;
- Developing a detailedunderstanding of key SAAS products and commercial agreements across thebusiness;
- Reviewing and draftingdata processing agreements, DP compliance documents, and completing data andprivacy questionnaires;
- Working with operationsteams as needed to manage the contracts which underpin these arrangements anddevelop ongoing relationships;
- Keeping up-to-date withkey developments and changes in data protection, IT, IP and general commerciallaw which may have an impact on the business;
- Supporting the business on corporate governance and regulatory matters;
- Working on a broad range of commercial contracts;
- Mitigating potential legal risk;
- Supporting the Head of legal with Corporate M&A and deals;
- Help to develop the organisation’s policies;
- providing sound legal advice and support to the wider business;
- Negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts including IT contracts and software agreements;
- Liaising with external parties on litigated matters / dispute resolution.
- Previous experience with technology focused contracts;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent Dutch speaker;
- UK qualified solicitor with a practising certificate;
- Have at least 2 years’ PQE;
- Have ideally worked within an in-house organisation previously and trained in a private practice;
- Proven track record specialising in commercial contracts.