Conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses or experiments in laboratories for quality or process control or to develop new products or knowledge.
Chemist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chemist to join our team.
- Design, recommend and execute experimental programmes;
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment;
- Maintain product information;
- Supporting formulation projects;
- Carry all work to GMP standards;
- Monitoring and controlling all processes within the facility;
- Ensure that written instruction/directions are followed correctly;
- Operate pilot plant reactors and equipment ensuring high standards of safety, housekeeping, hygiene and quality are maintained;
- Conduct laboratory trials in support of commissioning activities supporting the new gas production facility;
- Promptly and accurately complete documents as directed and record all irregularities;
- Support environmental monitoring and report/record information;
- Run routine maintenance and validation to reaction vessels and other equipment to ensure chemical production is carried out to project schedules;
- Assist Operations in the sampling of liquids and solids for routine and non-routine testing from designated sample ports;
- Ensures that the ongoing integrity of process plant safety and performance is maintained and operationally effective;
- Report any irregularities so that corrective actions can be planned and implemented.
- An ability to report results clearly and in various formats;
- Laboratory experience is essential for this role, preferably in Thermal Analysis using Differential Scanning Calorimetry;
- High attention to detail and a flexible approach to work.