Service Assurance Engineer – Java Technology Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Service Assurance Engineer – Java Technology to join our team.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking;
- Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time;
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals;
- Function as a member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice to provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies;
- Proficient at handling and resolving Incidents and Events;
- Effectively participate on a bridge and escalate as part of a larger incident management process;
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure: Collaborate and partner with development teams and interfacing business teams;
- Drive Problem resolution and create user stories;
- Provide monitoring/oversight of key application performance and capacity constraints to mitigate potential incidents before they impact the customer;
- Service Assurance – Instill a service assurance mindset and execution to a portfolio or set of customer experiences/journeys;
- Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration;
- Conduct data mining/analysis activities to provide actionable insights to support issue identification, resolution, etc.
- ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management;
- Lead and Implement plans for disaster recovery, high availability, issue mitigation, contingency, and security as needed;
- Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues;
- Exposure and experience with Java, JEE, Spring, SpringBoot;
- Experience with identifying Application / Infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and ability to work with others to ensure risks are mitigated;
- Develop custom automation in order to streamline support processes;
- General of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, data structures, relational databases and NoSQL databases.