Software Development Team Lead Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Software Development Team Lead to join our team.
- Owning task management, working closely with the development team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality software solutions;
- Building a strong team culture where developers feel valued and empowered to meet their full potential;
- Leading software development teams in delivery of web based applications;
- Promoting modern development practices, code reviews, CI/CD, test automation, documentation review;
- Running agile project teams with a mix of remote and onshore resources;
- Helping with recruitment and retention of developers and managing vendor relationships;
- Managing the technical operations of a client facing software product, monitoring of cloud infrastructure, scaling, performance and cost control.
- Technical Design Principles and Practices (SOLID);
- Strong attention to detail;
- Experience of appropriate 2nd/3rd generation source control solutions (GIT, TFVC);
- Team management experience from direct reports to matrix management;
- Familiar with cloud application services and building scalable native cloud solutions (Azure);
- Must have excellent task management skills, within an agile approach, using tools such as Jira or Asana;
- Must have recent web application software development lifecycle experience, leading teams of offshore software developers (EU);
- Strong technical background across a variety of disciplines with the ability to articulate business value;
- A good understanding of modern web application architecture design patterns (MVC);
- Advanced understanding of technical principles and practices;
- Acting as lead technical resource, working with the development team in large or complex programmes;
- Relevant Development IDE (Visual Studio 2017 +, SSMS, Visual Studio Code, etc.);
- Flexible and able to accept changing priorities;
- Consulting skills would be an advantage in managing relationships with partners, vendors and portfolio businesses;
- Architectural modelling.