Development Team Lead Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Development Team Lead to join our team.
- Ensuring that the team deliver amazing products that delight customers, efficiently, with high quality;
- Resource planning and project estimation;
- Ensure project issues are resolved as quickly as possible;
- Provide guidance on approaches or alternate solutions within the development team;
- Ensure that members of the team are working productively;
- Work within the development governance framework including adherence to Coding Guidelines, UI guides, automated testing, and code reviews;
- Lead agile ceremonies or weekly (and other) team meetings;
- Motivate a team of developers to stick to a schedule;
- Design and develop web-based applications using the appropriate technology.
- Experience working with a mix of onshore/offshore developers;
- Experience of developing for the AWS cloud platform;
- Excellent knowledge of OOP, design patterns and coding best practices;
- You will be used to working in close collaboration with Product teams and Business stakeholders and building excellent relationships;
- Senior level software engineering background, ideally in Python or .Net;
- Sociable, collaborative, proactive, pragmatic and enthusiastic;
- Collaborate effectively with Architects, DevOps engineers, and Tech management to build and deliver amazing solutions;
- You will be experienced in following Agile principles;
- Solid knowledge of Agile, Lean and XP development practices;
- Ready and willing to speak up and contribute to the overall health of the Octopus Technology organization;
- You have a strong completion focus but you are also approachable, open to feedback, and supportive as a manager;
- Strong knowledge of Python and ReactJS;
- Mentoring/coaching experience.