Branch Manager Assistant assists the branch manager in the daily activities of the branch office. Collects loans, closes loans, and may initiate and sustain relationships with dealers. Being a Branch Manager Assistant develops and maintains dealer relationships, collects loans, and closes loans. Assumes responsibility for supervision of branch office during the absence of the manager. Additionally, Branch Manager Assistant assists in training branch staff. Has higher approval limits than a Management Trainee. Requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to the Branch Manager. The Branch Manager Assistant supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. To be a Branch Manager Assistant typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. Thorough knowledge of functional area and department processes.
Assistant Branch Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Assistant Branch Manager to join our team.
- Build and maintain loyal customer base;
- Day to day running of the branch, ensuring it remains profitable and is operating smoothly in the absence of the Branch Manager;
- Assist the Branch Manager in the development of all team members;
- Role model and support the Branch manager in driving and implementing ‘What Good Looks Like’ across the branch;
- Responsible for Branch security and opening and closing of the Branch in the absence of the Branch Manager or as delegated by the Branch Manager;
- Ensuring Health and Safety policies are adhered to;
- To champion and take responsibility for company initiatives within the branch team e.g. My Diary, Merlin & Points promotions;
- Effective management of the team around you working towards sales and profitability at all times.
- Excellent communication skills: you will need to be able to clearly explain to customers updating them on the progress of their vehicle;
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst changing and adapting to workloads to meet objectives;
- A proven track record from within the background in at least tyres, ideally mechanical;
- Professional appearance and good people management skills;
- Excellent customer service;
- A good sales track record;
- Ability to build strong business relationships;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Knowledge of the sales process;
- Confidence in liaising with the high end sector.