The Chief Compliance Officer plans and directs programs, policies, and practices to ensure that all business units’ activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements. Responsible for an organization’s compliance with financial policy and reporting regulations. Being a Chief Compliance Officer requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Tracks laws and regulations that might affect the organization’s policies and implements necessary changes. In addition, Chief Compliance Officer demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Typically reports to top management. The Chief Compliance Officer manages a departmental function within a broader corporate function. Develops major goals to support broad functional objectives. Approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments. Comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function. Working as a Chief Compliance Officer typically requires 8+ years of managerial experience.
Chief Compliance Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to join our team.
- To oversee the operation of business AML systems and control;
- To lead, define, implement and communicate a robust process for testing awareness of senior management of the conduct risks;
- To have oversight of business change programmes brought about by regulatory initiatives;
- To ensure that the regulatory reporting is compliant, timely, appropriate and accurate;
- To identify and develop compliance MI in order to enhance and have the ability to highlight key risks;
- To develop and continuously review the organisation’s documentation, controls, policies and procedures relating to compliance;
- Design and embed a compliance and compliance monitoring framework;
- Delivery of the risk management framework;
- To provide leadership, motivation, development, performance management and control;
- To work closely with the executive team;
- To lead, define, implement and communicate a robust, customer focused compliance monitoring plan;
- To ensure that the area within the control of the post holder remains within budget.
- Master’s degree; at least 10 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified;
- Detailed knowledge of laws and regulations affecting business operations;
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, principles and procedures of strategic business planning and reporting;
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information;
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and objective critical thinking skills;
- Deep knowledge of the regulatory requirements towards Sports betting and allowed events, leagues, markets, wagers vs. prohibited ones;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with Management;
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze, summarize, and effectively present data;
- Working experience within the sports betting industry is a must.