Credit managers oversee their firm’s credit business. They set credit-rating criteria, determine credit ceilings, and monitor the collections of past-due accounts.
Credit Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Credit Manager to join our team.
- Where required, to think outside the box and be able to package and present a credit solution which meets the customers’ requirements;
- Working closely with the Risk Director to achieve the company’s strategic objectives and profitability;
- Working closely with sales to achieve the company objectives by helping structure deals, customer and supplier visits;
- To underwrite proposals in line with Admirals credit policy and risk acceptance criteria up to the individuals remit within set SLA’s;
- Make credit recommendations to the Risk Director/Company Directors for proposals outside of their remit;
- Debt reporting to Regional Managers and Director;
- Processing of customer changes;
- Work closely with Head of Finance to manage weekly and monthly KPIs;
- Assisting the Coverage team with new and existing transactions including structuring, and negotiating credit analysis, documentation review;
- Proven track record driving excellence in Credit Control processes;
- Provide accurate and timely management information;
- Correct mis-postings and mis-codings prior to month-end;
- Chasing large amounts of debt via telephone and email;
- Support senior management and operational management in areas such as contract management;
- Monitoring aged debt, Cash flow and bad debt provision.
- IT Literate;
- Direct experience within the asset finance/leasing industry and experience of a wide asset range as a broker/funder;
- Good educational background;
- A minimum of five years of credit underwriting experience in a similar organisation and role;
- Familiar with the SME market.